Canadian Feed The Children is committed to protecting our supporters’ privacy. We ensure our activities in Canada and abroad – whether conducted face-to-face, online, by telephone or by mail – are governed by strict ethics and sound privacy practices.
- All reasonable efforts will be taken to honour any request from a donor or prospective donor not to be contacted for future fundraising campaigns.
- Any information from or about donors that is obtained by or on behalf of Canadian Feed The Children is to be handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent allowed by law.
- Donors have the right to remain anonymous.
- All fundraising appeals by or on behalf of Canadian Feed The Children are to disclose Canadian Feed The Children’s legal name, its status as a registered charity, and the purpose for which funds are requested.
- All members of the public, including donors and prospective donors, are entitled to one copy of the following, on request and at no charge other than the cost of reproduction and distribution:
- Canadian Feed The Children’s most recent annual report and/or audited financial statements;
- A list of the names of the members of Canadian Feed The Children’s Board of Directors.
- Donors and prospective donors are entitled to know, upon request, whether the individual asking for funds is a volunteer, a member of CFTC’s staff or a service provider.
- Donors are to receive a written or verbal acknowledgement of their gifts within a reasonable period of time following the donor’s request.