Sponsor a Child for just $25 per month
- Nutrition – feeding programs fill hungry tummies and ensure healthy development.
- Education – future income rises by 5 to 15% for every year of school attained, helping to break the poverty cycle.
- Clean water and sanitation - access to clean water is critical to improving childhood illness and mortality rates.
- Health care - access to medicines and health care professionals reduces disease and alleviates suffering for children.
- Family & community support – creating income generation and capacity-building provides a means for long-term, sustainable social change.
Canadian Feed The Children is an independent, non-faith based charity. Our Sponsor a Child program helps all children, regardless of race, gender, culture or religion.
We know from experience that children are more likely to thrive within a strong family and community structure. We accomplish this in several ways:
- Your donation is combined with those of other child sponsors to a maximum ratio of three to one: this allows us to spread donations to every child in a community.
- Combining sponsorships also allows us to include integrated health, food security, water/sanitation and livelihoods projects into our program. This sustainable approach offers the greatest opportunity for positive change.
Canadian Feed The Children is a registered Canadian international development agency with a long history of reducing the impact of poverty on children in Canada and around the world.
We work closely with community-based organizations, and the communities themselves, to deliver sponsorship programs that are appropriate to their identified development needs and goals.
We are able to keep the cost of sponsorship low while retaining the greatest value in the program by:
- Combining Sponsorships: We offer sponsorships in a three-to-one ratio (up to three sponsors for each child), so that we can reach every child in a community. This not only benefits more children, but also keeps the cost of sponsorship affordable.
- Annual Updates and Semi-annual Newsletters: Sponsors receive an annual update about their child and his/her community. Plus, we offer the thrive! newsletter each Spring and Fall, to bring child sponsors news and information from our sponsorship programs around the world. CFTC does not offer direct communication with sponsored children as part of our program, keeping our costs and our child sponsors’ obligations to a minimum for greater efficiency and higher impact.
- Secure Online Donations: Please consider making your donation through our secure online form, which saves administrative and banking costs – and is an environmentally-friendly option, too!
As a member of Imagine Canada’s Ethical Code Program we adhere to the highest standards of integrity and financial accountability.
Our new Sponsor a Village program includes a village blog that keeps you updated on the latest news from your village. Chat directly with your Village Guides via the blog’s comments section, and get to know the villagers your sponsorship is supporting! To find out more, visit www.cftcvillage.ca today.
Cathy Gibbon meets her sponsor children on a recent trip to Bolivia and tells us why she decided to become a Child Sponsor.
How is my child sponsorship donation used?
Your sponsorship contribution is combined with that of other sponsors and disbursed to the project in which your sponsored child is enrolled. Your ongoing assistance provides your sponsored child with many benefits, which may include an opportunity to have an education, healthy food, medication and clean water, as well as providing support for community development projects that benefit not only your sponsored child, but also her/his family and community.
Why does child sponsorship through you cost much less than other programs?
Sponsoring a child through Canadian Feed The Children costs significantly less than other programs because your sponsorship is combined with that of others to create a family of supporters to care for one child, family and the community they live in. This approach has enabled us to create an affordable option for many Canadians to experience the joy of sponsoring a child, while providing lasting benefits to thousands of children.
Can I communicate directly with my sponsored child?
To minimize administrative costs, we do not provide these services. However, each year you will receive detailed information about the child and community you are helping to support. Plus, you’ll receive a semi-annual publication, thrive!, that provides details on all our child sponsorship activities. If you have additional questions about your sponsored child beyond the information you receive, please feel free to contact us.
What happens if my child leaves the sponsorship program?
We are proud of the fact that because of the ongoing support of Canadian sponsors like you, we are able to help thousands of children while helping their communities become more stable and self-sustaining. However, for a variety of reasons, children will leave the program. We have found that in these circumstances, sponsors are happy to transfer their support to a new child who is waiting for sponsorship. Therefore, to keep our administrative costs low, we make the change and send notification along with information on your new sponsored child.
What is my sponsor child’s religion?
Canadian Feed The Children is an independent non-faith based charity that serves all children, regardless of race, gender, culture and religion; as such, we do not inquire about a child’s religion.
If you would like more information about our Child Sponsorship Program please contact us toll-free on 1-800-387-1221.