Sponsor a Child
Sponsor a child for just $29 per month and give a child hope. Every. Single. Day.
How it works
For the Child
- Sponsored children receive support that ensures they have access to nutritious meals and education
- Support delivered through schools and early childhood centres is an incentive to education
- Regular follow-up by local partners ensures vulnerable children are well-supported
- Sponsorship is all-inclusive regardless of religion, race, culture – CFTC’s programming is delivered with a focus on social change and outside of any specific religious context
FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Sponsored children are “ambassadors” for their communities. This model ensures that your support benefits more than just your sponsored child.
- Children thrive in healthy families and communities – child sponsorship provides a channel for anti-poverty initiatives at the household and community levels
- Sponsored parents are able to access livelihood supports, income generation, other capacity-building programs
- Sponsorship parents and communities benefit from workshops on healthy child development & child rights (e.g., value of education, positive parenting, nutrition education)
- Affordable child sponsorship model ($29/mo)
- Pooled donations so your support goes further
- Regular annual reports on your sponsored child; semi-annual communications about CFTC’s programs; and monthly enewsletter updates demonstrate the impact you are making on the life of a child, family, community
- No letter writing = lower admin costs: more benefit to your sponsored child
- Registered Canadian charity, Imagine Canada Standards Accreditation, and Voluntary Sector Reporting Award winner 2012-2014–your trust and our accountability are our highest priorities
Our work in Bolivia focuses on responding to three inherent challenges: vulnerable children, ingrained issues such as child poverty and indigenous inequality.
Our programs in Ethiopia help address the educational inequities faced by girls while helping their mothers confront income barriers. Our programs also focus on alleviating the burden of urban poverty for families.
We’ve provided support to Ghana since 1999. Your support will be directed to long-term partner Regional Advisory Information and Network Systems (RAINS), which delivers our child sponsorship program in Ghana’s impoverished Northern Region.
Our work in Uganda focuses on helping vulnerable women and children while providing supports to an agricultural sector that is struggling in the face of drought and a history of inefficient practices.
The most cost-effective way to sponsor a child is by using our online form to setup pre-authorized payments from your chequing account or credit card. Pre-authorized payments make sponsorship easier by eliminating the need for postage, monthly cheques and reminder letters. Any way you choose to support us is an important decision that makes a vital difference in the life of a child.
Child sponsors receive one official charitable tax receipt in February (in time to prepare your taxes) for the total amount of your donations for the previous year. If you have misplaced your tax receipt or have any inquiries about receipting, please contact our Supporter Services team on 1-800-387-1221 or 416-757-1220 or via email at [email protected].
For more information about charitable tax receipts see the Government of Canada’s policy statement for charitable tax receipts.
We’re an independent, secular development agency founded and operating in Canada since 1986.
REGISTERED, ACCREDITED, BEST-PRACTICE GOVERNANCE
A registered Canadian charity, CFTC was among the first to be accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program and in 2015 was awarded “Exemplar” status for its three consecutive wins in 2012, 2013, and 2014 of the Voluntary Sector Reporting Award of Excellence for Financial Reporting Transparency.
COMMITTED TO OPENNESS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Our financials are independently audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers and published each year, while our volunteer Board of Directors sets and exceeds the highest standards in governance. You can count on the highest standards when it comes to use and stewardship of your generous donations.